Just thought I'd share the outline that I used this morning with the Washington Nationals and the Toronto Blue Jays. The chapels went well although the attendance was less than I would have liked. Here's the outline and ten (10) questions derived from the passage in Mark chapter 2:
Who’s Carrying Your Mat and Other Questions...
“So many gathered that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and He preached the word to them. Some men came, bringing to Him a paralytic, carried by four of them. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus and, after digging through it, lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, “Son your sins are forgiven. …He said to the paralytic, “I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.” – Mark 2:3-5,10
The Popularity of the Savior / His Magnetism
1. Were the people there to worship Him or just to investigate and check Him out? Why the crowd?
2. Why are you here in chapel today?
The Paralysis of the Man / His Malady
3. What was the greater need of the sick man, His need for healing of body or forgiveness of sin?
4. What about you? What’s your greatest need today?
The Purpose of the Mat Bearers / Their Mission
5. Were the 4 mat bearers there to genuinely assist this man or were they using this as an opportunity to look good in Jesus’ eyes and be the center of attention?
6. What is our motivation for helping others?
7. Whose mat are you carrying…are you concerned about others or is it all about YOU?
8. Who do you have in your life that carry you when you are in need of a lift? Have you cultivated a support team?
The Power of Jesus’ Word / His Mastery
Jesus had the power and authority to both heal the body and forgive sin. He was the Master of every situation. He
can still do both today through His Word, the Bible.
9. Are you reading His Word regularly and allowing it (the Bible) to transform your life?
10. Who is the Master of your life today? Have you given Jesus Christ complete control of every area of your
life? Is He your Lord and Master? If not, why not?
Post a Comment