The following outline will be used on Sunday in the Baseball Chapel services in Toronto with the Chicago White Sox and the Toronto Blue Jays. Thought you might be interested. Just a skeleton outline but you can fill in the blanks.
WANTED . . . A FEW STAND-OUTS
- Must be from royalty or nobility
- Young men
- No physical defects
- Aptitude for learning
- Well informed
- Quick to understand
Men with these characteristics would be qualified to serve.
- Willing to serve a three-year apprenticeship
- Will enjoy a daily portion of fine food and wine from the king’s table
- Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego
- Not to defile himself with the royal food & wine
The Ten-Day Experiment:
- Vegetables & Water vs. Fine Food & Wine
And The Winner Is:
Daniel & the Vegetable Boys
The King’s Decree and the Young Men’s Decision
- When the music plays, bow down & worship
- The music started & the 3 stand-outs stayed standing
The King’s Punishment:
Throw them into the fiery furnace
The Stand-Outs Statement: “The God we serve is able to save us from the it (fiery furnace) and He will rescue us from your hand, O king, but even if He does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.” (Daniel 3:17,18)
The Fourth Man & the Stand-Out’s Deliverance:
How About You?
Are you willing to stand out from the crowd?
To go against the flow?
To not settle for mediocrity?
To forget about peer pressure?
To stand for God and righteousness regardless of the consequences?
God is looking for a few good men!
Will you be a stand-out for Him?
Will you answer His call?
I pray that you will for His name’s sake!