I'm not sure who prepared this list so I can't give credit where it is due. If and when I find out who put it together, I'll let you know. It's excellent material though!
Note: I've just been advised of the source for these excellent points for bloggers. Check out Keith's site, Under the Acacias at:
http://voiceinthedesert.netfirms.com/keith/archives/2005/02/biblical_advice.html - May 26th, 2005
Biblical Advice for Bloggers:
I've been pondering what guidance the Bible has for bloggers. What does it say about how we should blog? what we should blog about? what we read in blogs? how we relate to other bloggers and comments? Here are a few exhortations with questions to ask ourselves for starters:
1. Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your blog, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs. (Eph. 4:29) Is what comes from our blogs wholesome? Is what we are writing helpful for building others up? Or does it tear them down?
2. Blog about others as you would have them blog about you (Luke 6:31) The golden rule. If we blog about others, do we do it with love, respect, and integrity?
3. But in your blogs set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience... (1 Peter 3:15,16) Are we consciously allowing Jesus Christ to rule over our blogs? When people disagree with us, do we respond with gentleness and respect?
4. Each one should use whatever blog he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms (1Peter 4:10) Are we using our blogs to serve others? To encourage, stimulate, and help others? To build them up in Christ? Or to blow our own trumpet?
5. Let us therefore make every effort to blog what leads to peace and to mutual edification. (Ro 14:19) And be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the blog of peace (Eph. 4:2) Do we make every effort to maintain peace and unity in the body of Christ? Or do we focus on what divides us? When we disagree, are we humble and gentle?
6. Accept him whose blog is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters...Let us stop blogging judgment on one another... whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. (Romans 14: 1-22) Let us be careful not to condemn ourselves by dividing the body of Christ over disputable matters, or by judging the spiritual state of our brothers and sisters with whom we disagree.
7. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - blog about such things. (Phil. 4:8) Amen!
WOW, that is great ... every blogger should read this one ... i will have to pass it along ... thanx David!ReplyDelete
That was really well thought out and written David. We should all print it and post it next to our computers! Thanks for your steady encouragement, Becky.ReplyDelete
This great advice is from Keith at "Under the Acacias".ReplyDelete