Fellow blogger Victoria Gaines of Light For the Writer's Soul and Windows To My Soul writes about the value of good reading and literature in her life. Check out her sites...they are excellent!
She listed the following "quirky pointers", as she called them, about herself:
- No sense in wasting time with books that don’t challenge or edify.
- Not everything on the Bestseller’s list is worthy of my time.
- Life is too short to waste on fluff or nonsense.
- Every now and then I read for fun.
- I prefer meaty spiritual classics over contemporary spiritual writers.
- My books reflect my journey, where I’ve been, and where I’m going.
- My favorite books are dog-earred, highlighted, and written in.
- Books evoke a warm feeling in me.
- I don’t understand people who won’t read.
- Friends who give books as gifts are true friends, indeed.
- A person’s bookshelf tells me a lot about that person.
- I could vacation in the public library and not miss home.
- Books are all over my home and car—I read every chance I get.
- I need to know and share truth.
- My Bible is the most important book in my life.
Good stuff! If they are quirky points then I'm really "off-the-wall".
"When you come, bring the cloak that I left with Carpus in Troas, and my scrolls, especially the parchments." - 2 Timothy 4:13
Hi David! Thanks for sharing this with your friends. It's always a pleasure to connect with someone else who loves and appreciates good books!ReplyDelete
Blessings to you,
"especially the parchments" ... i can hear the concern & need for the parchments ...ReplyDelete
Dear David..This is a good list for sure!!ReplyDelete
The ONLY thing though David, I can bear a book that is dog eared if it was like that when I bought it but you will never find ME dog earing one!
I think you should respect the book!
I am always getting after my poor mom for that.
One of these days that dear little "Lady in the Hat" is going to bop me right in the nose!!
Ha!! For sure and it would be like the olden days!!...from Terry
I stumbled across a quotation today while I was reading and it reminded me of this post, so I thought I'd share!ReplyDelete
"My home is where my books are."
- Ellen Thompson