Anyhow, to stir up some thought among my fellow pilgrims, let me ask a few questions. By the way, I'll continue to add more to the list but here's a start:
Have you ever wondered:
- What Charles Wesley or Isaac Watts would think if they walked into some of our churches and nobody knew who they were? (Just in case he shows up that's Charles Wesley's picture above)
- What churches do with their hymn books now that the choruses are Power Pointed onto the front walls of the sanctuary?
- What God thinks of this ongoing debate between the TULIP Calvinists and the Arminians?
- Why going to movies was such a terrible sin for Christians in 1955 but it's perfectly acceptable in 2005?
- Why imbibing alcoholic beverages is so appealing to Christians these days?
- Why Bibles were always black until recent years?
- How we ever got along from 1611 until the mid 50's with only several Bible translations? Now were have such a plethora of them that we can't even keep track of them all.
- What it would be like to hear D. L. Moody or Charles Haddon Spurgeon preach in person?
- Why we drive on parkways and park on driveways?
- Why you can count on electronic equipment malfunctioning at Christian events?
- Why faith healers wear white suits and white shoes?
- Why non-Christians looking for true love, peace and hope are so hesitant to invite the Prince of Peace and the personification of love, Jesus Christ, to give them all they ever wanted and more?
- Why people ask such foolish questions on their blogs?
So, my friends, let me know what you think about these! Let's fill up the COMMENT section with your thoughts! I dare you!
NOTE: For some thought-provoking comments, click on the COMMENTS link and read what blogging buddy Rodney Olsen from Australia has to say. His thoughts on my first question are especially good! Check them out!