It's hard to believe that almost a year has passed since I resigned from BASEBALL CHAPEL after serving as the Toronto Blue Jays chapel leader for 29 seasons. Memories abound! I've captured many of those happy moments on camera over the years. Over the last few days I've been rummaging through some old photos and found these. Interesting...
From top to bottom:
- The good ol' days of Carter, Fisher and Alomar
- Big Fish with a big fish. Actually Blue Jays' radio broadcaster, Jerry Howarth, caught it. I just got to hold it.
- Toronto Blue Jays' minor league Baseball Chapel leaders at a get-together in Toronto at the ball park. Front row, left to right - Terry Hoke - Hagerstown Suns, Jeff Raub - Syracuse Chiefs, Vince Contessa - Knoxville Smokies. Back row, left to right - Jack Scruton - St. Catharines Stompers, David Fisher - Toronto Blue Jays, John Fitts - Dunedin Blue Jays
- John Olerud signing an autograph for a young man during a hospital visit
- Pete & Barb Metzelaars (Buffalo Bills) and their sons. Pete spoke at a Blue Jay chapel service that day.
- Honoring Detroit Tigers radio broadcaster, Ernie Harwell, just before his retirement.
Thank you, Father, for the opportunity to touch many lives over those 29 years of baseball ministry. I'm a blessed man and God gave me many lifelong friends.