“Disappointment occurs when the actual experience of something falls far short of what we anticipate.” - Philip Yancey
THREE examples from Scripture:
1. Disappointment with the DEMANDS of OTHERS Mark 10:41
2. Disappointment with the DISGRACE of ONESELF - Luke 15:17-20
3. Disappointment with the DELAYS of GOD John 11:21
THREE questions to ask:
1. Was the circumstance that led to my disappointment completely out of my control?
2. Did I do my best, was I prepared, did I make every effort necessary, was my heart right?
3. Am I willing to put this situation behind me and learn from what happened?
THREE affirmations to make:
1. I will recognize that “all things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to His purpose.” This situation will somehow result in ultimate good for me and glory to God. - (Romans 8:28)
2. I will “trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding.” I will trust that God has a bigger picture and not use human reasoning to “figure this out”. - (Prov.3:5)
3. I will not allow this disappointment to hinder my efforts in the future. “Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize.” - (Philippians 3:13,14)
Post a Comment