Dr. David Jeremiah's suggested resolutions for the New Year:
1. Spend time with Him. Relationships are made and fostered by the time we spend functioning within them. Spend time with your Lord in prayer and study of His Word Reconnect through talking with the Lord of Lords.
2. Take obedience to the Lord seriously. The Lord's commands are made out of love for us. He laid them out in His Word so that we might best find His blessings, and to help us avoid the pitfalls of living in this world.
3. Recognize your sinfulness, and recommit your life to the Lord. Make a spiritual contract with the Lord.
4. Dive into worship. Worshiping the Lord does not have to be just singing along with the choir on Sunday. While that is good and it honors God, you can also worship Him while going for a walk in His beautiful creation, while marveling at the works He is doing around the world, or recognizing and appreciating the provision that He makes in your life.
5. Start to tithe. The Lord promises to provide for you and bless you when you are faithful in giving back to Him.
6. Start serving others. Become the hands of Christ as you serve others and allow the Lord to work through you.
7. Give thanks to the Lord for all the blessings that He has placed in your life.