While surfing the web I came across the following core values on the web site of ChristChurch Belfast. It bears repeating. This is what I believe as well. Putting these core values into practice is another story but by God's grace, enabling and empowering it can be done.
This is what the site offers:
Our Ethos can be summarised by the following core values:
- Each Individual is of immense value to God
- The primary agent for change in an individual's life is the Holy Spirit working through the Word of God.
- Authentic, loving relationships are at the heart of true fellowship.
- Our acceptance with God and with one another is based on the grace of God, not on how well we perform.
- True holiness lies in our attitude of heart to God rather than in the observance of rules and regulations.
- Total devotion to Christ and to His cause in this world is the normal way of life for every believer.
- God has uniquely designed and equipped each member of the church to serve one another.
- Everything we do should be done as unto the Lord, in faith, to the best of the abilities he has given us.
- The church must be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure.
- The church needs godly leadership by those with leadership gifts and accountability for all in leadership.
Post a Comment