Two lines for Eliza E. Hewitt's hymn When We All Get To Heaven state:
Just one glimpse of Him in glory
Will the toils of life repay.
Here are the lyrics to that great hymn, requested by well-known hockey coach Roger Neilson at his funeral in 2003:
- Sing the wondrous love of Jesus,Sing His mercy and His grace;In the mansions bright and blessedHe’ll prepare for us a place.
- When we all get to heaven,What a day of rejoicing that will be!When we all see Jesus,We’ll sing and shout the victory!
- While we walk the pilgrim pathway,Clouds will overspread the sky;But when trav’ling days are over,Not a shadow, not a sigh.
- Let us then be true and faithful,Trusting, serving every day;Just one glimpse of Him in gloryWill the toils of life repay.
- Onward to the prize before us!Soon His beauty we’ll behold;Soon the pearly gates will open;We shall tread the streets of gold.
- The other song that's been coming to mind is It Will Be Worth It All by Esther Kerr Rusthoi.
- The words that I've been thinking of so much are:
- One glimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase,So bravely run the race till we see Christ.
- Here are the lyrics to the entire song:
Oft times the day seems long, our trials hard to bear,
We're tempted to complain, to murmur and despair;
But Christ will soon appear to catch His Bride away,
All tears forever over in God's eternal day.
It will be worth it all when we see Jesus,
Life's trials will seem so small when we see Christ;
One glimpse of His dear face all sorrow will erase,
So bravely run the race till we see Christ.
Sometimes the sky looks dark with not a ray of light,
We're tossed and driven on , no human help in sight;
But there is one in heav'n who knows our deepest care,
Let Jesus solve your problem - just go to Him in pray'r.
Life's day will soon be o'er, all storms forever past,
We'll cross the great divide, to glory, safe at last;
We'll share the joys of heav'n - a harp, a home, a crown,
The tempter will be banished, we'll lay our burden down.