|This is NOT Jerry.|
Jerry (not his real name) waited until others in the FRIENDS office had left and then he began to pour out his heart.
His story included the following:
- He had lost his business.
- He had picked up some basic food items at the Salvation Army.
- He is close to declaring bankruptcy...again.
- He often sleeps in his car if a friend doesn't lend him a couch.
- His breakfast was a bun (from the Salvation Army) with a couple of slices of cucumber (from his car),
- He keeps some utensils in his car (to slice cucumbers).
- He is not eligible for Social Services (OW or ODSP).
- He didn't share his family situation but I could tell that it's a sensitive issue.
- His psychiatrist keeps switching his medications.
- He feels that there's no hope.
Where do I start to help this man? I could extend two things...which I try to give to all "friends". A listening ear and a compassionate heart.
Hopefully Jerry will be back tomorrow.
P. S. He needs a new pair of running shoes...size 9 1/2
Check out our FRIENDS Peterborough website here.